Looking for Cheap Long Distance Movers?May 21, 2014
Cheap Long Distance Movers
Find out how to move long distance within your budget limits!
long distance movers
Sadly, there’s one thing you must know upfront. There are no cheap long distance movers out there. Choosing a company by a price that is “too good to be true” could lead to an expensive disaster! All moving companies have the same expenses to pay for: gas mileage and tolls as well as insurance registrations, labor, etc. There’s a ton of competition and not much profit from each move. It is tempting for us as customers to pick the movers with the cheapest estimate, but there are other factors to consider as well.
Cheap Long Distance Movers
So how can you move long distance cheaply?
- Choose your moving service. From our experience, the cheapest way of moving long distance is by hiring a moving and storage company with full-service moving. They will include with the price all the expenses, such as tolls, gas mileage, insurance packing, unpacking, loading and unloading, labor and more. Plus, they usually give you up to 30 days of free storage. Look for a registered and well-rated small or medium size mover; they will give you the best chance of finding cheap long distance movers that also offer value.
- Know your price per cubic feet or pound; then look at your moving list and check if the items you plan to move cost you more than leaving them behind! Since you are being charged by the amount of items you move, reducing them will reduce the price. In the case of larger volume items, selling those and buying new at your destination will save you money.
- Moving at low season or booking ahead when its low season will save you a lot of money! If you book on school break when everybody moves, you will pay a more expensive rate. Remember, you don’t need to pay it all, just a small upfront deposit to save your booking. Make sure you get a contract with a “binding rate,” so the company will not change it on moving day.
- Save on packing materials. Used boxes and paper are easy to find at the recycling center or at commercial centers at the back of the big stores. Your clothes can protect fragile kitchen plates, and you can put the cups and smaller items inside your socks. Blankets and pillows can be used to protect furniture. This way you help the environment and save money. *Don’t save on protecting your expensive electronics; buy a TV cradle and protective wrapping for that!*
- Always negotiate price! Once you have chosen the mover you want, you can try to reduce the price by negotiating with them. To have better success, send the representative one or more quote you get from the competition. Then ask him if there’s anything he can do to help you choose his company. It will not always work, but you can always try.
To conclude, instead of looking for the cheap long distance movers that will cost you more… plan your long distance move to be cheap, safe, and stress-free! Good luck.save money and tagged long distance movers, moving companies. Bookmark the permalink. ← Find Your Corporate Movers Online Find Movers online Stress-Free →